These Mommy and Me Date ideas are a great opportunity for each child to spend some special one-on-one time with you. Between busy activity schedules, work, errands and housework, it can be easy to forget to take time to sit back and relax with your children. Having one-on-one time is a great way to spend quality time together having fun and discussing any questions or issues your child may be dealing with.
Mommy and Me Date Ideas:
Here are some fun ideas for creating some special memories.
- Visit a local garden center or greenhouse
- Visit the museum (here’s a free & fun museum scavenger hunt game)
- Indulge in a mini spa day
- Take your daughter shopping at a store where you can both try on pretty dresses
- Go to a movie
- Have a picnic in the park
- Go out for supper to a restaurant you haven’t tried
- Take a fun class together like a craft, baking or cake decorating
- Go to a fun play at a theatre
- Visit a local bakery and sample some delicious desserts
- Go to a pottery studio to make and/or paint pottery
- Take some drawing paper & pencil crayons to the park and draw pictures of what you see
- Visit your local library and read some books together
- Plant some flowers together
- Have a silly photo shoot with some fun accessories you’ve purchased from your local dollar store
- Start a scrapbook together
- Bake and decorate some holiday cookies
- Make a word search puzzle for dad (here’s a free printable template)
- Redecorate your child’s room with removable decals, new decorative pillows or other fun accessories
- Create homemade cards together
Do you have regular mommy and me date nights? What are your favorite activities? Don’t forget to check out our fun Daddy & Me Date Ideas as well!