A Cream Puff Buffet is a fun idea for a potluck or dessert party – just set out a bunch of cream puffs along with an assortment of fillings like pudding and whipped cream. Guests can try a variety of different flavors or even mix a few fillings together. This is a great idea for a bridal shower or baby shower and it’s so easy to prepare!
For this buffet, I started with the cream puff recipe below then added a no-bake strawberry cheesecake filling (the prepared Jello-O kind in the refrigerated section of the grocery store), lemon pie filling, chocolate pudding, and cherry pie filling. I added some fresh fruit to the buffet as well.
Other delicious filling ideas include:
- chocolate fondue for dipping
- vanilla pudding
- crushed Oreo cookies
- any kind of pie filling
- whipped cream
- buttercream icing
Cream Puff Buffet Recipe:
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- On your stove top, boil water in a medium pot. Add butter to boiling water. Heat to boiling. Add salt.
- Add flour, all at once, stir over the heat until smooth. Cook until mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Do not overcook. Remove pot from stove top.
- Cool slightly. Add unbeaten eggs one at a time (very important). Stir until smooth after each egg is added. Beat until mixture is glossy.
- Chill mixture slightly (the mixture should be stiff enough to hold its shape).
- Drop walnut sized amounts (for medium sized cream puffs) onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes. They should feel very light when ready to take from the oven and they should have turned a golden colour to a light brown. Do not open the door during the first 25 minutes.
- Cool, cut opening in each.
What is your favorite cream puff filling? Let us know in the comments below. We’re always looking for new & delicious ideas.
For more delicious recipe ideas, check out our Recipe page.