This Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake is honestly the best cake I’ve ever had. It’s tough to stop after one piece…unless I think of the amount of calories in one piece! I found this recipe in a small town’s recipe cookbook. I love the small town recipe cookbooks because there are always so many great family recipes in there. If you really want to “Wow” your next party, this is the cake that you’re going to want to bring to the party. I topped mine with chopped up pieces of my favorite chocolate caramel chocolate bar.
Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake:
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12 oz) squeezable caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 oz) whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 chocolate caramel bars, chopped
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to directions on box, using a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke at least 20 holes in warm cake. Pour condensed milk over cake. Cool 10 minutes.
- Pour caramel topping over cake. Cool completely.
- Prior to serving, spread whipped topping over cake and top with chopped chocolate bars. Cover and store in refrigerator.
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page. I’m sure you’ve already guessed that I love desserts. You’ll find plenty of dessert ideas on Moms & Munchkins. Since I love everything to do with parties, most of the recipes I post on the blog are perfect for potluck dinners and entertaining.
We’re adding new tasty ideas all the time and we don’t want you to miss out on any of the yummy recipes! You can follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or our new RSS feed Bloglovin’ for the latest updates.
If you try this cake, let us know what you think about it in the comments below.