Did you know that National Grandparents Day is the 1st Sunday after Labor Day? Are your kids thinking of fun ways to celebrate? Here are a few fun & creative ideas they can try. Some are for grandparents that live close by and some are for grandparents that live far away. No matter the distance between you – there are many fun ways to celebrate this fun day!
National Grandparents Day Celebration Ideas:
- Draw of color a special picture for your grandparents
- Spend a day in a park enjoying games, flying kites and a picnic lunch
- Create a card listing all of the things you love about your grandparents
- Spend an afternoon playing board games & cards
- Create a photo collage of fun memories
- Create drawings of your favorite memories together
- Make fun fingerprint art on a small canvas (check out Ed Emberley’s Complete Funprint Drawing Book)
- Make grandma some jewelry
- Take grandpa fishing
- Plant them some flowers in a flower pot that you painted yourself
- Create a movie theatre at home with a concession stand & invite them over for a special movie screening
- Create a special video message to email to them
- Put on a special puppet show for a live theatre production created for National Grandparents Day
- Host a tea party with iced tea and cookies
- Create a carnival of games for them in your backyard. Select a few special prizes that they can win (homemade crafts are perfect prizes!)
- Take some fun family portraits
- Mail them a special word search that you made just for them (here’s a free template to help you get started)
- Put on a special concert for them playing instruments at home or by creating your own fun instruments
- Bake them some cookies
- Paint them a special candy dish at your local pottery painting studio
How will you be celebrating National Grandparents Day?
Looking for more fun ideas to enjoy as a family? Join our community on Facebook to share fun ideas with us!