Do you have any fun Memorial Day traditions? Do you spend the day with your family? Is there a certain activity you do or a place that you visit? Do your children know the meaning of Memorial Day. If you are looking for some ideas on Memorial Day activities for kids, here are a few that they may enjoy.
Memorial Day Activities:
1) Create your own star banner: Have your child trace some stars onto red, white & blue paper and then cut out these star shapes. The stars can then be given a small hole punch in the top and you can run a string or streamer through them to create a banner to hang somewhere in the house.
2) Memorial Day Word Search: Print this one for free.
4) Create A Centerpiece: Provide your child with red, white & blue craft items such as paper, pipe cleaners, pom poms, glitter, markers and stickers. You may also want to provide them with a small box to use as a platform. Ask them to create a centerpiece for your Memorial Day Family BBQ.
5) Outdoor Party: If you live in an area warm enough, you could plan a fun outdoor party for kids including red, white and blue water balloons, frozen treats and outdoor painting.
6) Reading: At your local library, look for a children’s book on Memorial Day to teach your kids more about this holiday like what is stands for, the origin, and ways that other people celebrate this special day.
For more fun ideas for the holidays including party ideas, free printable games, activity ideas and more – visit our special Holiday Fun page.