My toddler cannot keep his little fingers off this banana bread. This easy banana bread recipe of my mom’s is his favorite. It freezes really well as well so I always double the recipe to make two loaves because they don’t last long in our house. Actually, when I take a loaf out of the freezer I have to hide it from my son or he starts crying because he wants to dig into it immediately – he doesn’t care that it’s frozen brick of banana bread. Yes, he loves it that much!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe:
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 1 loaf pan.
- Beat butter and white sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add brown sugar and beat well.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Add mashed banana and beat until well mixed (about 30 seconds).
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the banana mixture.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and put into oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Does your child have a favorite food for snack time? My son loves banana bread and muffins. He truly is the Muffin Man!
For more delicious recipe ideas, visit our Party Food & Family Meals page. We’re always adding new ideas so follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Bloglovin’ for the latest updates.