I’m the type of mother who starts planning birthday parties about 11 months in advance. I just can’t help myself! There are so many adorable ideas to choose from and my mind is always racing with possibilities. I asked our Facebook fans what their child’s first birthday themes were and there were adorable answers like a rubber ducky luau, ladybugs and more.
First Birthday Themes:
For my son’s first birthday party I wanted to choose a theme that went along with an activity that was appropriate for his age. He was loving his swimming lessons so we decided on an Under The Sea theme at the local swimming pool. All of the kids were able to go swimming first and then we gathered for themed snacks and cupcakes. You can read all about his Under The Sea party here along with adorable pictures of our party supplies and clever snacks. Aww, look at that cute face! The little sweetheart was a year old and still didn’t really have any hair. Ha! Oh well, the bald look really suited him. His first birthday party was the first time he ate any sugar and he didn’t know what to do with his cupcake. He’s still not really a fan of sweets…he must get that from his dad. That adorable banner in the background is 12 fish hanging on a fishing line with a picture of him for each month of his first year. It’s amazing to see how much they grow in such a short amount of time! I love watching him grow into a little man. I remember all of his firsts over that first year – first time he said “Mama”, first time he waved bye-bye, first steps, first vacation (we went to Arizona) and so much more. He still continues to amaze me with his new skills each day. As you may remember from my embarrassing photo collection from last month, I’m one of those mothers that loves taking silly photos with my son. During our first vacation to Arizona, I wanted to have a picture of him beside a cactus wearing a mini sombrero. I was so excited for our silly photo as I packed up our baby bag, sunglasses, sunscreen, mini sombreros, wagon and our camera. So excited in fact that I forgot to bring along the house keys. That’s right, I locked us out of the house with nothing more than baby supplies, mini sombreros, a wagon and a camera. Did that stop us from going for our picture? Nope! You should have heard my dad’s voice on the phone as I called him from the local pharmacy saying that we were locked out of the house with our mini sombreros. Have you had any hilarious mommy brain moments? Let us know in the comments below…and please tell me I’m not alone!
Carter’s & OshKosh Celebrate Their One Year Anniversary with Sears!
It was one year ago this month that Carter’s & OshKosh brands were launched at Sears Canada exclusively and they want to celebrate this anniversary in a BIG way! Just how big is the celebration? How about a prize of a family vacation to Orlando? Gift cards for Carter’s & OshKosh clothes? Yes, it’s a celebration that big!
Win A Family Vacation to Orlando, Florida!
- Trip for four to Orlando, Florida, courtesy of Carter’s & OshKosh
- Trip includes hotel and air (direct flights from Canadian destination)
- Full-size rental car with unlimited mileage and loss damage waiver insurance
- Passes to an Orlando attraction and dining passes
Visit this Orlando Vacation Prize link on Sears Canada to enter!
Sears Gift Card Giveaway:
We are huge supporters of the Carter’s & OshKosh brand in our house. The clothes are adorable, stylish and well-made. Just check out this adorable Carter’s & OshKosh collection at Sears Canada! I have a chance for you to outfit your children in these adorable clothes with a $50 Sears Canada gift card giveaway. Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age.
- Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- The giveaway ends on February 24th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. A winner will be drawn randomly on February 25th, 2014. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- By entering this giveaway, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the Giveaways page. The winner’s email, full name and mailing address will be given to the prize sponsor so that your prize can be shipped.
- Please note that there are other bloggers hosting a similar contest (visit the #SearsMom hashtag on Twitter to find others to enter). Although you are allowed (and encouraged!) to enter across multiple blogs, you are only eligible to win on one.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Congratulations to Sandra S.!