The 2014 Winter Olympic Games are just over a month away. Is there a particular sport that your family enjoys watching together? My husband and I both have different favourites – I love figure skating (the outfits, the jumps, the music…I love it all!) and he loves the excitement of hockey. Many years ago, a friend and I went for an afternoon adventure at Canada Olympic Park. It’s something you have to do if you’re in the Calgary area! We thought it would be a fun idea to try the luge…yes, the luge. It sounded simple enough – you lay on a luge sled and slide down the luge from the “tourist height”. Kind of like an ice water slide, right? Not so much…it was terrifying. A great experience and a story that I’ll share for the rest of my life but it was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime moment for me. Thank goodness they didn’t take photos of each tourist going down the track! I can only imagine the look on my face as I raced around at speeds up to 60km/h. Nope…not like an ice water slide at all. It certainly does make you appreciate what the athletes go through to perfect their sport though! Today I’m sharing some easy & fun ideas for Olympic snacks while watching the games from the comfort of your own home plus an exciting giveaway!
Olympic Snacks – Torch Fruit Kabobs!
I love fun snacks that are easy to prepare and it doesn’t get much easier than these Olympic Torch Fruit Kabobs! Simply layer your favourite fruit on the kabob stick and top with a slice of pineapple cut to resemble flames. Yogurt is an excellent dip for your fruit kabobs!
Did you set yourself a resolution to eat healthier this year? Then strawberry cheesecake may not be in your menu plans…or will it? Instead of diving into a piece of strawberry cheesecake, you could have an Ooh-la-la Strawberry Cheesecake stirred Greek yogurt. Yoplait has several dessert flavoured yogurts that allow you to have a delicious treat without the guilt. Yoplait is also a proud supporter of Team Canada!
Proud To Be Canadian!
Will you be cheering loudly for the Canadian athletes? What makes you proud to be Canadian? Our beautiful country? The friendly people? The accomplishments by those who live in our country? There is so much to be proud of! For me, right now I am most proud of our friendly neighbours. We recently went through a very scary & life-threatening situation with my husband and I was overwhelmed by the support of the people living on our street. Although we don’t personally know many of these people, they were all stepping forward to offer us support through this difficult time. Now that’s the friendly Canadian attitude that people can be proud of!
Canadian Pride Giveaway:
Now that you’ve started planning your menu of Olympic snacks, it’s time to plan our your Canadian pride gear! We’re hosting a fun giveaway where one lucky entrant will win an Olympic prize pack valued at over $100. Here’s a sneak peek of what this prize package includes:
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian residents who are at least 18 years of age.
- Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- The giveaway ends on January 15th, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST. A winner will be drawn randomly on January 16th. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- Winner has 90 days to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- By entering this giveaway, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the Giveaways page. The winner’s full name, phone number and mailing address will then be sent to the sponsor.
- There are other blogs running a giveaway for a similar prize package and although you are encouraged to enter multiple times, you may only win on one blog.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Congratulations to Jonnie!