Now that I’m a mommy of a little boy, I’m getting more familiar with party ideas for boys. All of these topics that used to be another language to me (sports, wrestling, racing, etc.) are all interesting and new! There are so many ways to get creative with party ideas for boys and today I’m tackling the theme of Monster Truck Birthday. My little guy may only be two years old but he’s already into monster trucks; however, he’s still so gentle and sweet that he just has them giving kisses to each other rather than crushing cars down a path of destruction. In this post I’ll share ideas with you on invitations, decorations, activities, food and favors. All of the printable party supplies featured here are by Amanda’s Parties TO GO.
Monster Truck Birthday – Invitations:
What comes to mind when you think of monster trucks? Big wheels, crushed cars, muddy tracks, racing flags and more? A fun idea for a monster truck birthday invitation is to have it printed on the back of a checkered flag and then roll the flag up for delivery.
For a fun DIY invitation, you could print the invitation on plain paper and then drive across it with a monster truck covered in mud. It’s a lot easier to do than it sounds! Simply roll the tires of a toy truck through some brown non-toxic ink and drive it across the invitation. Just be sure not to drive over any of the important party details.
There are also plenty of printed invitations that you simply need to write the party details into. I’ll share some ideas on where you can get these at the end of this post.
Monster Truck Birthday – Decorations:
For a monster truck party, you can make a lot of your party decorations and food into monster truck sizes.
Some fun ideas for decorations include:
- large inflatable tires around the area for the kids to play with
- black & white checkered racing flags
- personalized party banner and flags
- toy monster trucks on the table
- a table centerpiece of a large toy monster truck driving over a few smaller cars
- black or checkered tablecloth
- monster truck paper napkin rings
- a homemade tire wreath for your front door
- a “Monster Truck Only Parking” sign by the party area
- monster truck shaped balloons
- plastic monster truck wheel drinking cups
- a sign for “Pit Stop” on the bathroom door
- a sign for “Pit Crew” by the dining area
The personalized paper circles in the printable party set can be used as cupcake toppers and straw decorations (punch a hole in the top and bottom of each circle and thread a straw through).
A fun kids table idea is to use tires laying on their sides as table feet and top it with a large board from your local hardware store. The kids could then sit on the ground around their own special table.
Monster Truck Birthday – Activities:
A simple board from your local hardware store and a long strip of black electrical tape can be turned into a monster truck racetrack. Each of the party guests can take turns racing monster trucks down the track and across the finish line.
Obstacle courses are always a fun game at birthday parties. Some inflatable tires, racing flags and safety cones could be used to create a fun obstacle course for the kids to run, jump, crawl and hop through.
Another fun idea is to create your own monster truck body shop with supplies for building your own monster truck creations. Kids could also use these on the homemade racetrack.
Monster Truck Birthday – Food & Drinks:
After all those monster truck races and obstacle courses, your little monster truck drivers are going to be hungry for a monster sized feast! Some snack, meal and dessert ideas include:
- sandwiches & fries in plastic baskets lined with checkered paper
- Grave Digger Grapes
- Chocolate dipped pretzel rods or After 8 chocolate sticks labeled as “Dip Sticks”
- Brownies topped with big gummy feet labeled as “Bigfoot Brownies”
- Hershey’s kisses with personalized labels
- Oversize cupcakes labeled as “Monster Cakes”
- Chocolate donuts or cruller donuts (covered in chocolate icing or black food spray) labeled as “Spare Tires”
- Cake pops labeled as “Monster Pops”
- Chocolate puddings topped with crushed chocolate cookies labeled as “Mud Parfaits”
Along with all these delicious snacks, guests will need something to wash it all down with. Your drink area can include this “Refuel” sign along with some of these drinks:
- Chocolate milk labeled as “Muddy Milk”
- Pop bottles with personalized labels and a food tent that reads “Hi-Octane Fuel”
- Crush pop cans
Monster Truck Birthday – Favors:
Party favors for a monster truck party can include items such as:
- toy monster trucks
- monster truck tattoos
- monster truck erasers
- monster truck shaped cookies
- wheel shaped yo-yo
The “Thanks for a Smashing Time” labels are a great way to seal up your party favor packages.
For even MORE Monster Truck party ideas, visit our special Monster Truck category.
More Monster Truck Birthday Ideas:
1. Monster Truck Erasers
2. Monster Truck Tattoos
3. Monster Truck Balloon
4. Monster Truck Cupcake Wraps with Picks
5. Monster Truck Dinner Plates
6. Monster Truck Napkins
7. Monster Truck Cups
8. Deluxe Monster Truck Favor Set
9. Monster Truck Personalized Stickers
10. Monster Truck Invitations
11. Monster Pullback Trucks – 12 per unit
12. Creative Converting Mudslinger Birthday Loot Bags
13. Monster Truck Cupcake Holder
14. Monster Truck Jam Cupcake Rings – 12 ct
15. 100 Ft Checkered Flag Banner Pennant Car Racing Party
16. Monster Truck 5 In. B1094x
17. Elegant Baby Monster Truck Party Squirties
18. Monster Truck Jam Visors – 8/Pkg.
19. MONSTER TRUCK PARKING sign * street auto
20. Red Monster Truck Balloon
21. Monster Jam Grave Digger Truck Cake Topper
22. Monster Jam 3D Party Favor Box
23. Monster Jam Tire Cups
24. Intex Recreation 36″ Giant Tire Inflatable Pool Toys
For more fun birthday party ideas, be sure to follow our Birthday Party page where you’ll find loads of ideas for themes plus free printables to keep you organized. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon and Birthday in a Box affiliate programs. Amanda’s Parties TO GO supplied Moms & Munchkins with this Monster Truck Birthday printable party in exchange for a creative party post. All opinions expressed here are my own.