You never know how many little trick or treat guests will visit your home on Halloween. You may run out of candy early or you may have loads left over. Here are some fun ideas for your leftover Halloween candy.
- Crush it (a rolling pin over chocolate bars inside a plastic bag does the trick!) and mix it into slightly softened ice cream. This can be saved in the freezer for a special dessert treat.
- Donate them to a local charity that works with children.
- Bake brownie cupcakes (click here for a recipe) with a surprise center! Insert a piece of the chocolate bar into the center of the brownie cupcake as soon as it comes out of the oven. These freeze well and can be saved for your holiday dessert table.
- Donate them to a local children’s hospital. These little ones may not have had an opportunity to go trick or treating. If you drop the treats off at the nurses station, they can distribute these to the children.
- Crushed chocolate bars make a delicious topping for plain cheesecake.
- Bring the leftover Halloween candy into the office for your co-workers.
- Have your children make special treat bags for people like the babysitter, a neighbor, a teacher or even the mail carrier!
- Save them for a concession stand treat for a movie night at home.
What will you be doing with your leftover Halloween candy?
For more fun ideas for the holidays including party ideas, free printable games, activity ideas and more – visit our special Holiday Fun page.