I received this delicious recipe from a friend. These waffles are light, fluffy and perfect for brunch! This waffle recipe comes in an easy to print format so that you can save it for your next Sunday brunch.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- milk to desired consistency
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Add in the egg and stir well.
- Add in the oil and stir well.
- Add in milk to the desired consistency (thicker is better for waffles).
- Pour into hot waffle iron and cook until lightly browned.
- Makes 2 large waffles.
Sliced fruit, syrup and whipped cream are all delicious toppings for waffles. Waffles can be a meal on their own or you could add in some side dishes like hash browns or turkey breakfast sausages.
To add a little extra flavor to this waffle recipe, you could also add in some blueberries, chocolate chips or cinnamon into the batter before pouring into the waffle iron.
What’s your favorite waffle topping?
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page.