I love baking! I love making treats and I love eating them too! I don’t spend as much time in the kitchen as I used to so I’m always looking for delicious recipes that are easy to put together. This tart filling recipe falls into both of those categories – easy to make and tastes delicious!
I always buy the frozen tart shells rather than making the shells myself. Simply bake the tart shells according to the package and let them cool completely before filling.
While the tart shells are cooling, you can prepare your tart filling and slice up some of your favorite fresh fruit.
After the tart shells have cooled, place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the bottom of each shell. Top with sliced fresh fruit. Store in the refrigerator.
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix the cream cheese, butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Add in the almond extract and beat until mixed well. Store in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
What is your favorite fruit topping?
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page.