I love fruit so I decided to make some sort of pie that’s packed full of various types of fruit. I don’t feel too guilty enjoying a piece of this fruit tart pie because I tell myself “It’s mostly fruit” – that must mean it’s kind of healthy, right?!
I start off with a graham crust that’s already made & ready to be filled. It’s a quick alternative that still tastes great. Here’s how you can create this delicious fruit tart pie.
- prepared graham cracker crust
- various types of your favorite fruit
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 2½ tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- Mix orange juice, water, cornstarch and salt together in a saucepan until bubbly & thick. Stir often to avoid lumps. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and icing sugar together until mixed well. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Fill the bottom of the pie crust with the cream cheese mixture. I usually use about half of the mixture in one pie shell. You can use the extra for a second pie or Strawberries and Cream Pancakes (see the recipe link below).
- Top pie with sliced fruit (pile it on as high as you’d like!).
- Once the orange juice topping mixture is cool, drizzle over fruit.
- Put into fridge to let it set & cool.
Any kind of fruit tastes delicious in this pie, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, kiwi…any kind of fruit you like.
The leftover cream cheese mixture can be used to make these delicious Strawberries and Cream Pancakes.
What’s your favorite type of fruit?
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page.