No parent wants to see their little one sick but that flu season always seems to make a stop at your home! Having a Sick Day Activities Kit stashed away is always a great idea to try to brighten your little one’s day while he’s stuck indoors.
Sick Day Activities – Packing Your Kit:
There are so many fun ideas for packing a sick day activities kit!
- coloring books
- a new movie
- microwavable popcorn
- temporary tatoos
- small toys & games
- band-aids and small stuffed animals they can help nurse back to health
- small pill containers filled with jelly beans
I’ve created this free printable for your sick day activities kit. It includes a label for the top of your kit, labels for jelly bean pill bottles, and a recipe for Feeling Better Juice. Be sure to pack some candy lemon slices and a silly straw for your juice recipe.
The jelly bean pill bottle labels are for Giggle Pills (perfect to eat while watching a funny movie), Silly Pills (perfect for eating while playing a fun game) and Creative Pills (perfect for eating when creating craft masterpieces).
Some other fun ideas for keeping entertained on a sick day are:
- having a bath with unlimited bubbles
- creating a movie snack bowl craft and watching some new or favorite movies
- Play-Doh creations
- playing boardgames
- playing card games
- starting a sticker book
- making a collage of things you like using old magazines and newspapers
- building blocks
- creating an indoor fort to take a nap in
- completing a word search puzzle (click here for free printables)
- hosting a fun tea party for all your toys
- having an indoor picnic of chicken noodle soup and juice
- reading your favorite books
Other than curling up in bed with a cozy blanket, what are your favorite sick day activities?
Looking for more family fun ideas? Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on the latest ideas. We look forward to seeing you there!