Here are a few fun ideas for creating a host basket for the Canada Day Party you’re attending. Some ideas are a little on the silly side but the guests will likely get a chuckle out of it and the kids will enjoy the small silly items.
At your local dollar store you can find a lot of the supplies you’ll need to create your own Canada Day Party Host Gift:
- red basket or pail
- white or red tissue paper
- red & white ribbon
- small clear bags
You can fill your Canada Day party basket with items like:
- chocolate almonds with a note tied to the bag with ribbon that says “Moose Droppings”
- pretzel sticks with a note tied to the bag with ribbon that says “Beaver Dam Supplies”
- sparklers with a note and ribbon tied to a small bundle that says “Mini Fireworks”
- red bottles of pop
- red & white candy such as jelly beans, wrapped chocolates
- Canada Day tattoos
- Canada Day stickers
- free printable Canada Day trivia game
- red glow sticks
- Canada flag napkins
- Canada Day gear such as hats and sun visors
- Canada Day bottle opener or wine cork
- Small stuffed toys like a moose or beaver
- Chocolate loonies
- Canada Day coloring pages (check out these free printables) & crayons
- Canada Day themed toys such as flying discs and bouncy balls
Don’t forget to include a little thank you note for the host/hostess!
Need to practice up on your singing of the national anthem? Here are the words to O Canada so you can study before the party!
Hope you have a fabulous time at the party! What is your favorite part about celebrating Canada Day?
For more fun ideas for the holidays including party ideas, free printable games, activity ideas and more – visit our special Holiday Fun page.